Time is Short
Sermon: Time is Short
Text: Matthew 24
Date Sermon Preached: Sept 25, 2016
I. Thesis: Keep Watch!
1. "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on the day your Lord will come"
Matthew 24:42 NIV.
2. "Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man"
Luke 21:36 NIV.
3. "The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray"
1 Peter 4:7 NIV.
4. ""Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed"
Rev. 16:15 NIV
II. Watch the Signs!
1. Israel in the Land: Ezekiel 37:21-22 NIV (All).
2. Increase in wickedness: Matthew 24:12.
3. The Great Delusion: 2 Thessalonians 2:11.
4. Rapid Increase in Knowledge: Daniel 12:4.
5. Monitored Economy (cashless society): Rev. 13:16-17.
6. One World Religion (Coexist): Rev. 17.
7. The Capacity to Destroy The Entire World by Fire: 2 Peter 3:10.
8. Trouble around Jerusalem: Zech. 12:2.
9. Wars and Rumors of Wars: Matthew 24:6.
10. Rebuilding the Temple: Matthew 24:15.
III. God is Making His Appeal Through Us As His Ambassadors Before It Is Too Late (repeat).
1. "Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God"
2Co 5:20 KJV.
2. "Paul tells us that the ministers of Christ, having been themselves reconciled to God, have a message to deliver which has been given to them. . . . we have nothing to tell you but what God has told us! We have not to stand in our pulpits and utter original ideas, or to invent a Gospel for you! No, we are simply the bearers of a message which God would have us deliver to you and it is at our peril that we add to it or take from it!
3. "In Paul's writings, God is always the reconciler. Those in need of reconciliation are hostile human beings—us (2 Cor. 5:18-19; Rom. 5:10-11). The initiative is with God who changes a relationship of enmity to one of friendship, and this is accomplished through Christ, through his death on the cross."
- Justin Holcomb
P. S. Eternity is closer than you think.