A Time of Testing
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
Now I want you to know that I am praying for you.
I am fully confident that the Lord is in Charge!
I am fully confident that this "momentary affliction" is in His Hands.
Furthermore, I am fully confident that Corona-19 is a wake-up call to the Church.
These are the times of testing!
Now one God' purposes is to mature His Saints.
And how does God mature His saints? God matures His saints by creating circumstances that, "produce perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us" (Romans 5:3-5.NIV). Corona-19 is a work of God for His own purposes. The only question that remains is how are you going to respond? Your response to difficulty will show you who you really are.
1. Live in fear?
2. Be anxious about tomorrow?
3. Concern yourself only with you and yours?
4. Sleep less or sleep more?
5. Seek relief through drugs, alcohol, or other unspeakable means?
6. Remain autonomous?
Or will you;
1 Pray more and draw closer to the Lord?
2. Pray for others? Not just your family.
3. Reach out to others? The YMCA is calling Seniors to make sure that are not isolated during this crisis.
4. Share the Gospel with everyone you come in contact with? Right now its not hard!
5. Appreciate God's family and make every effort to foster Community? I am working on a way to have a weekly online interactive Bible Study.
6. Refuse to let fear control you?
7. Thank God for what He is teaching you?
Join me with the Psalmist who says;
"Test me, O LORD, and try me; examine my heart and my mind" (Psalm 26:2 NIV).
For Solomon says;
"The refining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold, But the LORD tests the heart" (Proverbs 17:3 NIV).
Remember Paul's words to the Colossians;
" God will strengthen you with his own great power so that you will not give up when troubles come, but you will be patient" (Colossians 1;11 NCV).
Please share this and the daily e-mails with others. Also, please promote this coming Sunday's broadcast on Facebook. We are working to refine our broadcast and make it more user friendly.
May God Richly Bless Your My Beloved,