Dear Brothers and Sisters,
I hope you were able to see the first ever live broadcast from TRCC this past Sunday.
It appears that we (with little time/resources) were able to reach out to a wider audience via the internet with our live broadcast. We are on a steep learning curve, but as of this morning we have had between 151 views (just learning how to digest the data). These numbers are a testament to the great need out there "the fields are ripe for harvest," the Work of the Holy Spirit, and your efforts in letting others know.
As many of you know this will be a new approach (for us) for reaching the lost and "feeding the sheep" as we are committed to continuing the work of The Great Commission. In our debrief yesterday it was asked what the long term goal is?
I think we can all agree the goal hasn't changed for 2000 years. Jesus is the Captain and He has made this clear, "Go and make disciples of all the nations." What is evolving (some previously planned) and some happening as a response to our current situation is the strategy we will apply here at TRCC. As many of you know I have resisted the 'social media' approach to evangelism/discipleship for reasons of my own. But now is the time to reach out in full force to bring the gospel to those who are now thinking, many (for the first time) about things that really matter. So moving ahead it will be an "all hands on deck" approach to expand our outreach by any method available. We want to make every effort to reach the lost and encourage the Saints to holiness.
Here is how you can help:
1. Pray! Pray for the lost and pray our church's leadership for wisdom and guidance from the Lord.
2. Make it your mission to reach out to as many of your friends, family, business associates, fellow employees, former members, etc. Let them know about our Facebook Live Broadcast.
3. Let me know (by way of e-mail) the best way for you to receive communications. EACH OF YOU PLEASE EMAIL ME TO ENSURE WE HAVE THE RIGHT EMAIL ADDRESS'. I am committed to reaching out to you daily as we all go through this current difficulty together.
4. We need help with editing our broadcasts/social media. Please let me or Craig know if you are available to help us get the Word out. Jennifer is prepared to train anyone who is willing to give a couple hours a week.
5. Refocus! Instead of getting caught up in this virus outbreak, recommit to cleaning your own "spiritual" house . The Lord says in Isaiah, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness" (Isaiah 41:10 KJV).
6. Refocus! Initiate conversation; make phone calls, encourage others with a letter or an email. Turn the conversation away from the crisis and toward to the ONLY One Who has this crisis and future in His Hands.
7. Refocus! Its time us to inspect our own hearts to see it we really believe what we preach. Is God real? Does He have all power? Did Jesus die for sins? Is the Bible true? Am I saved? "Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves" (2nd Corinthians 13:15 NIV).
8. Refocus! Do you love the Lost? Jesus loved the Lost and we should too. Check your calendar to see where your personal evangelism is plugged in. Evangelism is not a job description for only a few select leaders or extroverts. Evangelism is on every believers' Job Description. "Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did." (1st John 2:6 NIV).
9. Refocus! Is God first in our lives? Does He get the most attention? Is there someone or something that is really the "little gods" of our lives. Let's be honest with ourselves and see where the First Fruits of our time, money and energy are going. Is God getting a "tip" of these things as we pour out our love on another. Remember our God is a jealous God, ""I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols. (Isaiah 42:8).
Finally, Brothers and Sisters lets show the world what a Christian Family looks like. Lets show them our love for one another, lets keep in communication with one another, lets show the Love of Jesus in our hearts!
I'm looking forward to see what God is going to do with this new opportunity to Glorify His Name.
May God Richly Bless You My Beloved,